Terms and Conditions
Information About Us
We are a limited company registered in England under company number 12431684 and our registered address is Unit F, The Sockmine Business Park, Coxmoor Road, Sutton in Ashfield, Nottinghamshire, NG17 5LA. The best way to contact us is by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our VAT number is 350524035.
General Terms and Conditions
General Terms and Conditions of Sale as issued by Carpenter and Cartwright Furniture Auctions Limited.
The Internet auction site (BIDLOGIX) is not an online retailer - the site is acting as just a host to C&C FA LTD. This means that the Internet auction site is not responsible for any content placed on the advertisements. Unlike their live in- house auction counterparts, an online auction will have no legal obligations in relation to the goods for sale online.
The Conditions of Sale must be strictly adhered to and regulate the sale of each Lot to any Buyer, Seller or Online Bidder who has been approved by Carpenter and Cartwright Furniture Auctions (referred to as the Auctioneers).
By taking part in a sale, you will be deemed to have understood, read and accepted these terms and are consequently bound by them.
The images online may not match exactly to the description and colours, patterns and styles may vary.
All individuals participating in our auctions do so at their own risk. Under no circumstances will the Auctioneers, or the Vendors be held responsible for any loss of damage caused to individuals or their property present in the Auction house, on-site or in the car park.
C&C FA LTD hold the right to refuse approval to any Buyer or Online Bidder at their own discretion.
C&C FA LTD Terms and Conditions
- All goods must be paid for and collected by 12 o’clock noon Friday following the sale
- Any newly registered buyer would have to adhere to a temporary spend limit of £3000
- Viewing is essential, the description and images are a guide only
- It is the buyer’s responsibility to contact the Carpenter and Cartwright Furniture Auctions to arrange collection and payment
- No postage or delivery is provided by C&C FA LTD and is the responsibility of the buyer
- Online bidders are required to pay a £250 deposit prior to placing a bid, which in the event of a not making a purchase will then be refunded
- The descriptions of each Lot will take priority over the Lot images and are the Auctioneers guide only
- It is the Buyers responsibility to familiarise their selves with the specifications of the Lot
- All items are sold as seen and any damages caused by a member of staff will be refunded
- Any damaged lots will be clearly stated where possible, but the lot description is only a guide and the Auctioneers will not be held responsible
- Viewing is only available on the day of sale STRICTLY by appointment only
- It is the buyer’s responsibility to check all items before bidding
- Any persons under the age of 16 is strictly prohibited from entering the auction house
- Payments to be made by Bank Transfer
- Ownership is given to the buyer upon the fall of the hammer
- All goods purchased at auction are the buyer’s responsibility
- Carpenter and Cartwright Furniture Auctions Limited offer no refunds, nor accept the returns of goods, upon the fall of the hammer
- Once the lot has been sold to the buyer, it is a binding agreement
- The buyer then holds full responsibility for the Lot
- The Lot cannot be removed until the buyer’s invoice is paid in full
- The auction result is final
- Buyers will not be given any credit
- Buyers are held responsible for collecting their goods and using their own equipment where necessary and must comply with C&C FA LTD regulations
- All lots are subject to VAT unless otherwise stated by the Auctioneer
- Power adapters / Transformers for electrical Lot(s) are not included unless otherwise stated
GRADE A - Items are in excellent condition and are as close to brand new as you can get. These may be items that have been returned due to undelivered goods, damaged packaging or unwanted goods.
GRADE B - Items that will show signs of mild use but overall are still in great condition.
GRADE C - Items that will show everyday wear and tear, may be damaged or faulty.
All grading is merely the auctioneers guide. Viewing is still essential.
The Conduct of the Sale
The highest bidder accepted by the Auctioneers will be the buyer. In the event of any doubt, the Auctioneers will have absolute discretion to determine the successful bidder, cancel the sale, re-sell the Lot or take any such remedial action, to what the Auctioneers sees fit. The Auctioneers word is final.
All items are ‘sold as seen’. Many of the lots sold are end of line, discontinued, factory seconds, customer returns, second hand and new furniture. Some lots may be damaged, incomplete or faulty. The Auctioneers do not hold any responsibility for such damages. All items are purchased at the Buyer or Bidders own risk. No guarantees or warranties will be provided by C&C FA LTD.
Please be aware that Carpenter and Cartwright Furniture Auctions Limited charge a Buyer’s Premium of 24.5% for Auction services on all Lots sold. Buyer’s premium is also subject to the addition of VAT at the current rate.
For Lots bought online (online bidder)
£100 (HAMMER PRICE)
+VAT @ 20% = £20
+Buyer’s Premium @ 24.5% = £24.5
+VAT on Buyer’s Premium @ 20% = £4.90
Total to pay = £149.40
Trademarks Brand Sensitivity
Lots in all auctions that have been de-branded must remain the same. No logos, images or brands may not be copied in any circumstances. We hold the right to permanently exclude any buyer from auctions if you are deemed to be in breach of the above.
Buyers are subject to storage charges if Lots are not collected on time. A £25+VAT per Lot, per day charge will be issued. Any Lots held in storage are held at the buyers own risk.
Carpenter and Cartwright Furniture Auctions Limited are not held liable for placing bids online, or for the failure in securing their preferred Lots. We will not be responsible for any internet, hardware or software failure. We reserve the right to cancel any auction and re-offer any Lots if we suspect any tampering or interference with the online bidding system.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions excludes or limits our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence (or that of our employees or directors); or fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or any liability which may not be limited or excluded by law.
The Buyer must take necessary, reasonable and practical steps to ensure that the purchase will be safe and without risk to health and safety. If any disputes arise, the general conditions of sale shall be used. C&C FA LTD reserve the right to escort anyone from the premises.
Carpenter and Cartwright Furniture Auctions Limited will not be held liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue
- business interruption
- loss of anticipated savings
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation or any indirect or consequential loss or damage
We have the right to amend or revise the terms to reflect any implementations or conditions.
We are devoted to the privacy of our buyers and will only use personal information given to provide auction services.
These Terms and Conditions are governed by English Law and the Auctioneers, the Vendors and the Buyer all agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of English Courts.
Updated: 2nd November 2020